ABOUT THE DOCTOR
- Completed M.S. (Ortho) and M.B.B.S. from the prestigious Seth G.S.M.C. and K.E.M. hospital.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association Accredited Fellowship in Shoulder surgery under the aegis of Dr. Herald in Sydney, Australia.
- US patent in process for a novel instrumentation in the field of arthroscopic surgery
- Designer surgeon for Australian based Implant manufacturing company
- Arthroscopic Bankart Repair for Instability
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic SLAP repair/ Biceps Tenodesis
- Shoulder fracture Reconstruction
- Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
What makes Dr. Apoorva R. Patwardhan the Best Shoulder Specialist In Pune?
Dr. Apoorva R. Patwardhan, completed both his MBBS and MS Orthopedics from the prestigious Seth GS medical college and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India While doing his residency he was awarded the B Braun Resident of the year award in the field of Orthopedic surgery. He also had several international publications during his tenure as a Resident. Soon after completing his residency, he was offered Australian Medical Council Accredited fellowship in Shoulder Surgery with Orthoclinic Sydney. Owing to its big sports culture, his experience in Australia taught him a comprehensive approach towards Sports Injuries and its Rehab. During his time in Australia, he was also an integral part of a sports medicine Implant company's research and development team. Soon after his return to India he began practicing his subspeciality of shoulder surgery Apart from practicing Orthopedics, the creative edge in him has always pushed him towards invention of newer instrumentations and techniques in Orthopedics. He has a US registered patent revolutionizing the drilling technique used in ACL reconstruction. With his compassionate attitude and consistently good postoperative results, Dr. Apoorva hopes to provide a comprehensive solution to shoulder problems and is undoubtedly the best shoulder specialist in Pune.
ABOUT THE SHOULDER
What most people call the shoulder is really several joints that combine with tendons and muscles to allow a wide range of motion in the arm — from scratching your back to throwing the perfect pitch.
Mobility has its price, however. It may lead to increasing problems with instability or impingement of the soft tissue or bony structures in your shoulder, resulting in pain. Therefore, it is important to know your condition and get periodically checked from the best Orthopedic Shoulder Specialist in your town.
What causes shoulder discomfort?
A few of the common reasons for shoulder discomfort are mentioned below:
- Rotator Cuff Tear : Rotator cuff collectively refers to the group of muscles and tendons that surround the joints in a human’s shoulder. Rotator cuff tear refers to a tear in the tissue which connects the muscle to the bone around the shoulder area. It can be damaged by overuse of the muscle or repeated movements involving the shoulder. One of its most prominent symptoms is hearing a crackling sound whenever an individual raises their arm overhead. If such a symptom appears an individual should consider the best shoulder specialist.
- Biceps Tendinitis : Another common diagnosis by the best shoulder specialist in Pune is rotator cuff tendinitis. It refers to a condition wherein the tendons of the rotator cuff get inflamed. Its common symptoms include mild ache and stiffness in the shoulder. In the early stage we can recover the shoulder. It gives Relief in 90% of cases.
- Dislocated Shoulder : Are you feeling fatigued due to your shoulder? The most common reason is your arm popping out of its socket which results in minimal movement of the arm and chronic pain and fatigue. The best shoulder specialist in Pune finds this another most common cause for clients’ discomfort.
A few more secondary reasons for shoulder pain are:
- Sports injury
- Biceps Tenodesis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Accident or Any Trauma
What are the symptoms of shoulder pain?
There are various causes of shoulder pain which requires a medical diagnosis by a shoulder doctor specialist. The most common symptoms to consult your orthopedic shoulder specialist are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of the shoulder
- Minimal movement
- Weakness in the upper arm
- Burning sensations in the arm
What are the types of Treatment for shoulder pain?
Shoulder Specialists approve of home remedies like cold compress ,heat therapy and sleep for mild shoulder pains which do not obstruct your routine. But, if the pain doesn’t subside or the issues recur it is highly advised to seek professional guidance. A doctor would certainly diagnose the condition based on a physical exam, X-ray, ultrasound or an MRI scan. After critical examination , it will be followed by choosing a treatment option mentioned below:
- Physical Therapy
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Steroid injections
- Surgery (like shoulder arthroscopy)
When should one seek medical help for shoulder pain?
If a mild pain becomes repetitive or obstructs you from smoothly performing routine activities, it is highly advised to seek medical guidance from an orthopedic shoulder specialist. An individual should never increase medication doses by self-diagnosis and should always refer to a shoulder specialist if they get more concerned about their condition.
Number of Patients Treated
Dr. Apoorva Patwardhan
GP 66, Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Marg, MIDC, Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra 411019
Monday to Saturday (except Wednesday)
10am to 1pm & 6pm to 9pm
778, Kamala Nehru Park Rd, opposite Kamala Nehru Park, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
3pm to 5pm
11/12 Thube Park, 16, 16, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411005
4pm to 6 pm